WillBees does not sell package bees. We are making this information about others who do sell package bees available to you as a convenience. All orders, payments, and questions must be directed to the sellers themselves. More sellers will be added as they are made known to us. Last updated 02-Jan-2019.
A few general notes about package bees: Unless otherwise specified, they usually come from California, through Wisconsin. They are usually Italian. Cages typically become your property and there is no deposit or refund for their return. Delivery dates can vary from mid March to late May. Work with your seller regarding notification and pickup windows. Because bees are livestock, once you take possession, they are yours and any failure to thrive or loss is usually your responsibility.
Dave Meyer, WillBees Member – Minooka, IL
- 3 pound package bees with mated and marked Italian queen @ $120 (multiple pickup days in : March, April and May)
- 5 frame nucs with mated and laying marked Italian queen, 2-3 frame brood, 2 frames honey/pollen @ $150
- Queens from local survivor stock available spring, summer and fall from our queen mating yard in Minooka (all queens are marked) @ $35
- Several races of package, nuc and queens available including Italian, Carniolan, Russian and Saskatraz – contact me for details.
- We are a Mann Lake Authorized Dealer – contact us to locally purchase beekeeping supplies at our Minooka showroom.
- Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-521-9116 or www.meyerbees.com
Andy Koning, WillBees Member - Homer Glen, IL
$127.00 Pickup at Will County Farm Bureau or in Homer Glen mid April.
email@example.com or (815) 485-4211 to order before April 1.
No longer providing bees. Mikelbonus@gmail.com or 630-514-1706.
Smith Talbot Apiaries: 5 frame nucs $135.00 pick up in Naperville during May. Call Tammy 708-602-6764
Lary Studer Bees
I am pleased to offer a limited number of quality nucs for 2019. These are spring nucleus colonies produced in Illinois. They are from selected stock suitable for non migratory beekeeping. See the Nuc Information Form. Orders will be acknowledged in the order they are received. 224-280-3070
I have available, packaged honey bee stock with selected genetics that are suitable for your backyard or farm hives. They have a reputation of being gentle, capable of producing a honey crop, and suitable to be managed as a northern four season honey bee. See the Package Information Form for details.